What is a Thesaurarius?








"I thought the word was Thesaurus," you say.

"That's a word too."

"What's a Thesaurarius?"

"It's Latin. Basically, it means treasurer."

"Oh."

"I believe that words are like treasure. The right ones can be more powerful than gold."

"So are you a thesaurarius?"

"Perhaps. I like words, which might seem odd for a quiet introvert. I like individual words, long essays, novels, and those nuanced words from foreign languages."

"Nuanced words? What is that?"

"That I will explain in my next post."

Thanks for stopping by. I hope this blog will be a place to explore words, examine they way we use words (now and historically), and to share some of my thoughts and writings.

I am an undergraduate student majoring in history with a French minor. I love ancient and medieval history and am currently reading a lot about Anglo-Norman history.

Comments

Popular Posts