The Glories of the Saddleback Leather Tablet Bag

The Dark Coffee Tablet Bag next to the Tobacco Bible Cover.
The coffee color is a little off in this picture because of lighting.


I purchased the Saddleback Leather Tablet Bag last May as a reward for reaching a long-term goal. I had been eyeing it for a long time to use as an everyday purse. I've had it for about 8 months and it is finally starting to look broken in. 

It's not my first Saddleback Leather bag, but it is the one I have used the most. Like everything else in life, there are pros and cons of Saddleback bags. Because I'm a hopeful pessimist, we will start with the cons. Then I can leave you with the Disneyesque happy ending where everyone lives happily every after. Okay, maybe not. 

This is a better representation of the dark coffee brown color.

Cons:

  • Cost - Saddleback bags are not inexpensive, they are investment pieces for the most part. This tablet bag is currently 189.00 USD. 
  • Weight - These are not floppy leather bags, the tablet bag is no exception. This bag weights 2.8 pounds, so definitely a factor to consider. Because of this, I do not use this purse when I'm at school (I'm a college student). This is my go-to bag for evenings and weekends, however. 
  • Choice - They have a wide selection of bags, ranging from luggage size to bracelets. They also offer most bag in the choice of four colors. I waffle between loving the tobacco and the coffee brown. If you are trying to decide on a bag make sure to check dimensions and weight. 

This is what I generally carry with me. I switched to Midori Traveler's Journal,
which is on the left. 
Pros: 
  • Quality - Because I own other bags from Saddleback, I knew about the quality. The tablet bag has performed well for me. I like the attention to detail in design and production. This bag has a little pouch section between the main compartment and the front pocket. I generally keep a pen in there. 
  • Tough - It can stand up to daily use and abuse. The closures are heavy duty. The front closure is a little tough for the first few weeks, after that it will loosen up. 
  • Size - The tablet bag itself is the perfect size for the person who doesn't need to carry a huge amount of items. The photo above is what I generally carry, the photo below is the planner standing upright. My wallet also goes in the main compartment, while the other items go in the front pocket. There is also a back pocket where I keep my phone. 


This is the Midori Notebook standing upright in the bag. The flap will still close
fully with this bit of overhang. Notice the lighter lining, makes it easier
to see items in the bag. 
I am very happy with the choice of this bag. Every purse I have carried before lacked something that made it annoying. This one has just enough pockets to hold what I need to carry, a little bit more if I do not take my planner. I expect it will only get more attractive over time as it gains some character. 

Saddleback Leather has recently come out with a book bag. It is slightly smaller than the tablet bag and does not have the front pocket. It is currently priced at 139 USD. 

If you like the simple lines, but need something a little larger, they also have a laptop bag. It also does not have the front pocket, but it's a lighter and less expensive option than some of their other briefcases, currently listed at 219 USD.


Displaying IMG_20150609_143805695.jpgDisplaying IMG_20150609_143805695.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts